Sources close to the U.S. women's national team

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

Moderator: FocusTechSupport

Sources close to the U.S. women's national team

Postby Easyfutco » Thu May 14, 2015 3:37 am

USWNT star goalkeeper, Hope Solo, has been suspended from the team for 30 days, following a bust up with the cops, which saw her husband, former Seattle Seahawk, Jerramy Stevens, cuffed for DUI. The incident happened early Wednesday morning when cops pulled the couple over in Manhattan Beach, California.
easyfut coins
Sources close to the U.S. women's national team revealed that Solo's suspension was the result of a culmination of things. They also expressed their anger that they had to find out about the incident via a TMZ report, not directly from her, and that it happened during camp.

"During our current National Team camp, Hope made a poor decision that has resulted in a negative impact on U.S. Soccer and her teammates," coach Jill Ellis said in a statement. "We feel at this time it is best for her to step away from the team."

Solo addressed her suspension on Twitter, writing, "I accept and respect the Federation's decision."

"I apologize for disappointing my teammates, coaches and the Federation who have always supported me," she wrote. "I think it's best for me to take a break, decompress from the stress of the last several months, and come back mentally and physically ready to positively contribute to the team."

The 33-year-old will be eligible for reinstatement after 30 days, if approved by Ellis and the governing body.

This incident reflects poorly on US soccer and the NFL. It sends the wrong message to kids about your lifestyle and being an athlete. However, it also serves to show about good character and admitting to your wrongs. Solo will take an indefinite break from soccer, but we hope to see her in a US jersey once again.
http://www.easyfut.co/
Easyfutco

Return to Technical Issues