Screen adapter problem

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

Moderator: FocusTechSupport

Same Error

Postby MrIncredible » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:17 pm

I get the same error: "The screen adapter for running Runaway: A Twist of Fate was not set up."

So has anyone figured away to fix this? Is there any word from Focus other than "You need a 19" monitor that supports the resolution" statement?
"Who is General Failure? And why is he searching my hard disk?"
MrIncredible

Postby kranmer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:31 pm

EDITED:- i have got it working in a window now that can be resized but now the mouse isnt working right. i guess it still needs more working. Hopefully i will be able to fix it but i cant gurantee it.
________
Mercedes-Benz W125
Last edited by kranmer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kranmer

How?

Postby MrIncredible » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:49 pm

I downloaded DXWnd but I don't know how to use it and I tried running the game but it didn't work as I got the same error again.
"Who is General Failure? And why is he searching my hard disk?"
MrIncredible

Postby kranmer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 pm

MrIncredible what does your ratof.config say ?

Also btw there are 2 programs called DXWnd (i just found out) the version that works with runaway 3 is version 1.20. i have uploaded mine here
http://www.mediafire.com/?amdwmmydknl
It should allow you to run the game in a window (which can be resized) but as i said in my last post the mouse seems screwed up.

EDIT:-
The mouse only seems to screw up when resized out of the native supported resolutions so i need to find a way of fixing the mouse (which i dont know if i can do).
So basicly to sum it up i can get the game working in any resolution but the mouse wont work correctly outside of 1280 since that was the native resolution.
________
trichomes pictures
Last edited by kranmer on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kranmer

Postby vamosnino » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm

I think that it's sad that people that want to play it is changing files, commands or downloading other programs to play it. It's a bit crazy. Hope Focus release a patch soon fixing this problem.
vamosnino

Postby mardeu19 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:20 pm

After i updated the game this mesaje appeared "The native display mode of this game is not supported by the graphics card". So if update the game it doesn`t run and if i dont put the patch the game crashes at Chapter 2.....what can i do
mardeu19

Postby demoncleaner » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:08 am

I have the same problem as well, downloaded the game, installed it and tried to run it and it just comes up with that message about the adapter not set. I tried other suggestions posted here, so what are we supposed to do? Surely the game could be catered for our screen resolutions which by the way is the most common one that people have.
demoncleaner

Postby adicristea » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 am

mardeu19 wrote:After i updated the game this mesaje appeared "The native display mode of this game is not supported by the graphics card". So if update the game it doesn`t run and if i dont put the patch the game crashes at Chapter 2.....what can i do

Hi, same here. The game worked fine with 1.01, but crashed at the beginning of chapter 2 so i had to patch it.

I have a laptop with Intel Dual Core, Windows Vista, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card, 2GB RAM.
adicristea

Postby sushi_kaya » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:04 am

adicristea wrote:
mardeu19 wrote:After i updated the game this mesaje appeared "The native display mode of this game is not supported by the graphics card". So if update the game it doesn`t run and if i dont put the patch the game crashes at Chapter 2.....what can i do

Hi, same here. The game worked fine with 1.01, but crashed at the beginning of chapter 2 so i had to patch it.

I have a laptop with Intel Dual Core, Windows Vista, ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video card, 2GB RAM.

Hi, I have the same "the native display mode ..." message since i installed the 1.05 patch. And without the patch the game crashes at chapter 2. Anyone managed to fix it ?
sushi_kaya

Postby mori » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:03 am

sushi_kaya wrote:Hi, I have the same "the native display mode ..." message since i installed the 1.05 patch. And without the patch the game crashes at chapter 2. Anyone managed to fix it ?

It seems like common problem with 1.05 patch, I have the same thing, hope to see some fix from game developers soon.
mori

Postby AngelX » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:34 am

I have the same problem :evil: :evil: :evil:

This is ridiculous. Congratulations! Another game with bugs and issues.

I doubt I am gonna buy another game... :roll:
AngelX

Postby mardeu19 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:20 pm

So lets all join forces, and sue this company, we bought a game that doesn`t work for all, and the official statement is that we need to buy another monitor, they are testing our patience, they are making fulls of us,
mardeu19

Postby potatorhymer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:49 pm

mardeu19 wrote:and the official statement is that we need to buy another monitor,

but that's clearly not the answer. chapter 1 was working just fine pre-patch. now with the patch applied, the game wont start. and just fyi, i am successfully running the patched version of the game on another computer (a laptop). i can use the external display (the one from the pc that the game wouldn't run on) and it works just fine. it's not the monitor.
potatorhymer
P'tit joueur
P'tit joueur

Postby germany21 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Here's what they told me in response to the problem:"We are very sorry but to play RATOF, you must change your monitor (at least 1280x1024 19" LCD monitor).",but it had to write, to know which is the minimum configuration and resolution, and now this i can not play the game on my laptop.That's not professional at all.It is very disappointing.
germany21

Postby potatorhymer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm

germany21 wrote:We are very sorry but to play RATOF, you must change your monitor (at least 1280x1024 19" LCD monitor)

yep, but that's not the problem. the monitor i'm using is a KDS 19" LCD with native resolution of 1280x1024. sounds just like what they're asking for.
potatorhymer
P'tit joueur
P'tit joueur

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Issues