Welcome on the official forums of Yesterday!

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Welcome on the official forums of Yesterday!

Postby Vince » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Welcome on the official boards of Yesterday, the new game from Pendulo Studios!Feel free to exchange about the game and every clues about it you can find on the internet!
Vince

Re: Welcome on the official forums of Yesterday!

Postby Lobster » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I can't seem to post new topics so I'll just leave a short review of the game in this thread with no spoilers.

Pros

The background art is beautiful, although this is what we've come to expect for any pendulo game.
The save system is very inovative; the game seems to be automatically saved as you progress. There is no explicit save option.
The comic book panel style looks great.
The voice acting was good.

Cons
The lip synching for the 3d animation to the voice acting leaves a lot to be desired in certain scenes. Maybe this can be resolved in patches. Although its a minor detail, it can still be distracting.
Some of the puzzle solutions lean towards the ridiculous side and there was also one instance of an inventory item just appearing in a previously searched hotspot.
The game felt extreamly short. Some people will say the sign of a good game is that it leaves you wanting more, however in this case the game felt to short to appreaciate it fully.

Rating: 6/10

I did enjoy the game but felt it weak compared to other pendulo releases, especially the runaway series.
Lobster

Postby Jimmy James » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

I guess none of us can make topics here (I thought at first that absolutely nobody was playing this game because of the lack of any posting).

Thanks for the review Lobster. I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not it's worth a go at $29.99. I've been itching for a new adventure game. Metacritic is all over the place—any thoughts from anyone else?
Jimmy James

Postby scarrow » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Ah, I didn't think of leaving my comments here when I couldn't create a new post. Anyway, I have to say it also felt short, although I did use the built in hint functionality to speed my way along, so it's partly my own fault versus, say, an old adventure game (before we just looked up the answers online). I think another thing contributing the short feeling is the frequent switching of characters (or even the same characters at different times in their lives). I've only played the demo for The Next Big Thing before, so I'm not that familiar with Pendulo's works (although the added deal on Steam with The Next Big Thing included and the darker looking storyline of this game is what got me to buy it).

I'd still rate this game very highly because I thought the story was fabulous. I don't want to give it away, but for people who love the adventure game genre for this reason alone my impulse would be to go ahead and get it. I started a second game, however, and I didn't feel there was that much replayability. I believe the trailer I saw touted four endings. I'm not sure about the fourth, but the game prompts you at the very end to select between three which meant it didn't really seem that I could affect the storyline much during the game. I should try loading up the first game and see if I can at least easily view the different endings. For me to see much value out of multiple endings in an adventure game, though, there should be some obvious choices that I made that I could go back and change to make it worth replaying again.
scarrow

Postby najatuw4646 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:05 am

change to make it worth replaying again.
holiday palace link
najatuw4646

Return to General