Runaway 2 with windows 8

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

Moderator: FocusTechSupport

Runaway 2 with windows 8

Postby jonno31 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

I've recently installed the above game, but when I try to run the program the following message appears in box

one of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found

api-ms-win-core-url-l1.dll

please help me resolve this issue.
jonno31

Re: Runaway 2 with windows 8

Postby unrealkrank » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 pm

I also have a problem with this game using WIndows 8. It runs, but shortly crashes out during the first playable scene. I can reload from a saved game, but it will ALWAYS crash when I try to look in the plane hatch. When I installed the game it told me windows version mismatch and said there was a missing file. I did this twice so far. I tried the 1.3 patch, but now I realize after reading these forums that it is for an older version of the game. Is there a patch coming for windows 8 users? So far, I am not impressed with Windows 8, and if there is something out there that would make gaming better with it, I hope that you find it. I'm sure that you'll have it eventually, I just want to be able to play.

Is there a way to fix this?
unrealkrank

Postby unrealkrank » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi. Just checking in to see if there is any progress on this. Also, if you, the moderator, have read this, could you post a word or two so that I think you're actually reading these posts? Thank you.
unrealkrank

Postby unrealkrank » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi. Just checking in to see if there is any progress on this. Also, if you, the moderator, have read this, could you post a word or two so that I think you're actually reading these posts? Thank you.
unrealkrank

Postby xtractorek » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:03 am

Is possible to help us? I am using windows 8 too and I have same problem. :(
xtractorek

Postby jbrug » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:54 pm

I too have the problem of the program crashing in the first chapter. Does this mean that Pendulo games don't run with Windows 8.1. I tried the compatibility modes and it still didn't work.
jbrug

Postby jbrug » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 pm

I too have the problem of the program crashing in the first chapter. Does this mean that Pendulo games don't run with Windows 8.1. I tried the compatibility modes and it still didn't work.
jbrug

Postby Banana11 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Interesting read. Thanks for the share.
Banana11

Return to Technical Issues