Crash video end chapter 5

Having tech problems? Need a driver? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.

Moderator: FocusTechSupport

Postby Temby » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm

DmSk_NL wrote:Thanks m8, it worked!

No problem, glad it worked for someone else :D

Postby harald » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Just a small but important addition to the solution above (if you have a dual-core processor and want to use only one core with Runaway 2). According to this post you need to run the game as an administrator to make it work in Vista, so if you have followed those instructions you need to disable the checkbox "Run as an administrator" in order to access to the affinity settings in Task Manager. At least I had to, but maybe the administration settings on my computer are messed up. Just thought I'd add this in case it will help another newbie like me, haha. I had to tinker for a while to come up with this.

Also, thanks Temby for the solution in the first place.

well i use a 17inch moniter (1280x800)

Postby Easyfutco » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:28 am

well i use a 17inch moniter (1280x800) and the game works but i would also like to have played it on my laptop which only runs at 1024x768.
I have discovered you can edit the
file and this allows you to change the resoultion to whatever you want but then when you run the game it runs fine but since the native game resolution seems to 1280 so it cuts the rest off.
so for example if you set it to 1024 it cuts the extra 256 pixels of the end of the screen so you end up with quite a bit of the screen missing. I am still trying a few things out but i doubt i will be able to make much further progress.

Return to Technical Issues